A NEW class for the NEW Year! And a NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION SPECIAL!
- New class on WEDNESDAYS in SAN JOSE starts THIS Wednesday, Jan 4!
- AND New class on THURSDAYS in SAN FRANCISCO starting Feb 2!
This exciting acting class teaches you how to utilize the Meisner Technique, Improvisation, and Audition Techniques for TV & Film. This class will dig into doing scene work, teaching you the ins and outs of comedy and drama while developing the craft and technique of acting. You will also learn how to apply all of this to on-camera work and get an introduction to the business side of having an acting career!
There are only a few spots left in the Wednesday San Jose class! RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!
- SIGN UP for WEDNESDAY SAN JOSE Class Here >
SIGN UP for the new SF class & get SPECIAL NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION PRICING:
$199 for first month! (Offer expires January 8)
- SIGN UP for THURSDAY SAN FRANCISCO w/ Special Pricing Here >
Karen regularly performs with various San Francisco improv groups including The Iron Stage (Improvised Game of Thrones) and SF Improv Collective. She has trained with improv greats in New York and Canada.
Karen's love of improv began 15 years ago when she was asked to join the shortform improv group, Throw Us A Line. This weekly fast-paced show led to a thriving career in improv and comedy, including performing with Canada’s
award-winning longform group, Sin City. Karen has taught improv in Canada and is excited to bring her passion
and skills to the Bay Area Acting Studio. Karen also has a M.Sc. in dendrochronology and performs as a comedic Kate Middleton impersonator!
Her TV credits include such shows as FOX’s Gracepoint and Hallmark’s Cedar Cove. Karen’s New York Theatre experience includes A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Night Must Fall. Her Canadian Theatre resume includes The Odd Couple in addition to numerous other productions.
* Karen teaches our Improv to Performance class AND our TEEN Improv class!
- KATY HARLISS auditioned for "The Blacklist" (NBC) AND "VEEP" (HBO)!
- RASHMI RUSTAGI auditioned for "Young & Hungry" (Freeform), "Powerless" (NBC), AND "Brown Girls" (Freeform)!
- KYOKO DOLE auditioned for "Superior Donuts" (CBS), 2 feature films, "Pure Genius" (CBS), "Jane the Virgin" (CW), "Modern Family" (ABC), "How to Get Away w/ Murder" (ABC), AND "Criminal Minds" (CBS)!
- AUSTIN GRUNDER booked two GAP online spots! had a CALLBACK for FORD, and BOOKED a confidential untitled project!
- JAN FREIFELD auditioned for "His Wives and Daughters" (CMT)!
- WILLIAM SIEGEL auditioned for "Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn" (Nickelodeon)!
- JAMES FRANKLE booked a Volkswagon industrial!
- JAY RUBY had a CALLBACK for "American Crime" (ABC)!
- STEVE STROM auditioned for "Jane the Virgin" (CW) AND "Criminal Minds" (CBS)!
- SARAH KIRBY auditioned for "The Fosters" (Freeform)!
- ANITA ARGENT auditioned for a feature film!
- ESTELLA GABRIEL auditioned for "Hawaii Five-O" (CBS) AND a feature film!
- KYLE CHEN auditioned for "Lethal Weapons" (FOX)!
- BETH BEMIS auditioned for "How to Get Away w/ Murder" (ABC)!
- TYSON ADLAO auditioned for "Walk the Prank" (DISNEY XD)!
- SHEILA SAVAGE had a CALLBACK for "Criminal Minds" (CBS)!
WHAT DO ALL OF THESE ACTORS HAVE IN COMMON?
They've all trained in one of our Mastermind, Actor's Edge or Professional Kids & Teens programs at Bay Area Acting Studio!
The brand new MASTER'S EDGE with Christy English starts Jan 29!
This is a NEW program utilizing and combining the best parts of our Actor’s Edge and Mastermind program into one new Master’s Edge program! Christy is taking all of the best aspects and practices of her past master programs and really detailing and fine-tuning it all with this new 6 month intensive program! Read more >
Acceptance by application only and space is limited! GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN NOW!
For more information, call us at (415) 322-8464 or email email@example.com
Experience the power of play and the fun of improvisation in our Improv class for Teens. Students will explore improv basics through games and exercises in a fun and encouraging environment.
Learn how to initiate scenes, build upon scene partners' offers, and create scenes with a solid foundation. Topics covered include: agreement (“yes and”); active listening; using the environment, and reacting to others truthfully.
If you are an actor that goes on auditions, you know the importance of being able to Improv.
- Meets every TUESDAY 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Cost is only $125 a month.
SESSION BEGINS on Tuesday, JANUARY 10 - JUNE 27
- SIGN UP NOW >
(for ages 18 and over)
Ready to get out and PLAY?? Do you love watching “Whose Line is it Anyway?” on tv and want to get in on the fun? Here's your chance. Experience the power of play and fun of improvisation in our Improv to Performance class. Students will learn how to initiate scenes, build upon their scene partners' offers, and create scenes with a solid foundation. Topics covered include: agreement
(“yes and”); active listening; using the environment, and reacting to others truthfully. If you are an actor that goes on auditions, you know the importance of being able to Improv.
CLASS MEETS FRIDAYS ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
-JANUARY 1/6 & 1/20; -FEBRUARY 2/10 & 2/24; -MARCH 3/10 & 3/24; -APRIL 4/7 & 4/21
... more on-going dates will be announced soon!
Join this fun and exciting class at Bay Area Acting Studio taught by Karen Brelsford at our SAN JOSE location.
Improv to Performance is designed to get your IMPROV in gear and get you ready for a live performance. We will do scenes and character development to keep your juices flowing through this on-going course that will meet every other week. Come and join the fun.
SESSION BEGINS THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 6!
- SIGN UP NOW >
so that we can share the great news!